Current Enrollment Verification

Enrollment verification provides proof of enrollment for a student's financial lender, insurance company or sponsor. Enrollment verification may be obtained one of the following ways:

Current Students:
  • Sign into myBama
  • Click on the "Student" tab
  • Find the "Banner Self Services" channel
  • Click on "Student Services"->"Student Records"->"Order Current Enrollment Verification"

The University of Alabama has contracted with The National Student Clearinghouse to provide current enrollment verification. Certification of enrollment for a dependent student can be requested from At the National Student Clearinghouse home page, select the "Students and Alumni" option. On the next page, select the "EnrollmentVerify" link. You will be prompted to select the credit card link to proceed.

Verification for Student Loan Deferment

For enrollment verification to lenders, the University of Alabama participates in the National Student Clearinghouse. The University submits a report of students' enrollment status to the Clearinghouse at the end of each month during the semester which, in turn, supplies verification of enrollment to lending agencies. The University of Alabama does not supply this information directly to lending agencies. If a student has registered late or has had an exception processed to the term registration, this information may not be reported until the submission of the next file. The Clearinghouse asks that if a student receives a collections letter from a servicer, the student should do the following:

  • Call the lending agency to see if a deferment form was received between the time the Clearinghouse supplied the information and the lending agency sent the collection letter.
  • If, after calling the servicer, it still appears that the deferment has not been processed, the student may call the Clearinghouse at (703) 742-7791 and ask for a Student Service Representative. The representative will verify the date on which the deferment form was received by the Clearinghouse, the date the deferment was certified and mailed, the enrollment status that was certified, and where the forms were sent.
  • If an emergency exists--for example, the student is 150 days delinquent and being threatened with default--the Clearinghouse will intervene on the student's behalf by faxing another enrollment certification to the servicer. Further, it will work with the servicer to ensure that the form is processed on a high-priority basis.