Social Security Number Correction

Students (including former students and alumni) may request a correction to their SSN by mailing a signed letter to the Office of the University Registrar. If a student's SSN is incorrect, the student must provide a copy of documentation to support the correction. Such documentation would include presentation of a social security identification card.

Signed requests for a SSN correction may be mailed to:

The University of Alabama
Office of the University Registrar

206 Student Services Center
Box 870134
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0134

Note: While the Office of the University Registrar will amend a record upon presentation of appropriate documentation, a cross-reference of the change will be created to preserve the historical record and for verification and credential fraud purposes.