Student Change of Gender

Students (including former students and alumni) may request a change to their gender of record by mailing a signed letter to the Office of the University Registrar. Legal and medical proof [a letter from the requestor's doctor certifying he/she has performed Sexual Reassignment Surgery on the requestor] will be required.

Signed requests for a change of gender may be mailed to:

The University of Alabama
Office of the University Registrar

206 Student Services Center
Box 870134
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0134


Note: While the Office of the University Registrar will amend a record upon presentation of appropriate documentation, a cross-reference of the change will be created to preserve the historical record and for verification and credential fraud purposes.