The following event scheduling policy is applicable for when classes are in session. When classes are not in session, events may be requested up to nine months in advance.
Academic departments, administrative departments and registered student organizations may request the use of space in academic facilities.
- All event requests must be submitted through http://schedule.ua.edu (Select Request an Event from the landing page and then select the North Lawn, Houser, Lloyd, Russell, and Farrah event request form).
- The Office of the University Registrar Academic Scheduling Department will only approve events during normal University of Alabama business hours. No event will be scheduled in North Lawn Hall that extends beyond 9:00 pm.
- All weekday room requests must be submitted at least 4 days before the event is scheduled.
- All weekend room requests must be submitted by the end of day on the Wednesday before the weekend event will occur.
- It is the responsibility of the event requestor to arrange with the building representative access to the rooms scheduled, if the event happens to fall outside of normal University of Alabama hours of operation. A list of building representatives can be found here: https://uafacilities.ua.edu/bldgreps/
Student Organizations will be allowed to use academic space on a limited basis under the following conditions:
- The intended use is in keeping with the educational purposes of the University.
- The intended use does not conflict with the use by academic programs or academic organizations or uses of a registered student organization as described in section above.
- When submitting the event request, the student organization’s faculty/staff advisor’s name and contact email must be included in the request. Failure to include all of the requested information will result in event cancellation or delayed approval for the event.
How to submit an event request form:
- Go to schedule.ua.edu (please be aware that this website will only work when connected to campus servers).
- Click on the “Events” tab.
- Click on the “Event Request” link.
- Select “North Lawn, Houser, Lloyd, Russell, Farrah…” from the drop down menu.
- Fill out the form with all of the necessary information.
- Student organizations will need to provide their faculty/staff advisor’s name and contact information.
- Under “Meeting Recurrence” please select the date and time for your event(s) and then click the “Create” button in the right hand corner of the form.
- When requesting a room, select the box next to the meeting name and click “Request Rooms”.
- Here you can view the rooms that are available or unavailable (highlighted in red) to request.
- Select the room then click “OK” in the bottom right of the pop out screen.
- Click the “Submit” button in the upper left hand corner.