The following event scheduling policy is applicable for when classes are in session. When classes are not in session, events may be requested up to nine months in advance.
Academic departments, administrative departments and registered student organizations may request the use of space in academic facilities.
- All event requests must be submitted through http://schedule.ua.edu (Select Request an Event from the landing page and then select the North Lawn, Houser, Lloyd, Russell, and Farrah event request form).
- The Office of the University Registrar Academic Scheduling Department will only approve events during normal University of Alabama business hours. No event will be scheduled in North Lawn Hall that extends beyond 9:00 pm.
- All weekday room requests must be submitted at least 4 days before the event is scheduled.
- All weekend room requests must be submitted by the end of day on the Wednesday before the weekend event will occur.
- It is the responsibility of the event requestor to arrange with the building representative access to the rooms scheduled, if the event happens to fall outside of normal University of Alabama hours of operation. A list of building representatives can be found here: https://uafacilities.ua.edu/building-reps/
Student Organizations will be allowed to use academic space on a limited basis under the following conditions:
- The intended use is in keeping with the educational purposes of the University.
- The intended use does not conflict with the use by academic programs or academic organizations or uses of a registered student organization as described in section above.
- When submitting the event request, the student organization’s faculty/staff advisor’s name and contact email must be included in the request. Failure to include all of the requested information will result in event cancellation or delayed approval for the event.
How to submit an event request form:
- Go to schedule.ua.edu.
- Click on the “Events” link.
- Click on the “Request Event” link.
- Select “North Lawn, Lloyd, Houser, Russell, Farrah 120 & 214 Request Form” from the drop-down menu
- Fill out the form with all of the necessary information.
- Student organizations must provide their faculty/staff advisor’s name and contact information.
- Please select the date and time for your event(s) by clicking the “Add Meeting” button at the bottom of the form.
- After setting your meeting date(s) and time(s), click the “Assign Rooms” button to request a room.
- Here you can view the rooms that are unavailable (highlighted in red) or available to request.
- Select at least one Available room, and then click “OK” in the bottom right corner of the pop out window.
- Click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.