Events in academic buildings and rooms will be scheduled in accordance with the University’s Use of Academic Space Policy
Astra Schedule is the only software program used at The University of Alabama for the booking of events. Any event that is scheduled in a secondary system will not be considered official by the department that schedules the building, nor by the Office of the University Registrar. All event requests must be submitted through Astra at least four business days in advance.
Requests for events that take place during an academic term will be reviewed and scheduled after manual classroom adjustments have been made to academic sections for that term. Events that are held when classes are not in session may be requested up to nine months in advance.
All requests for rooms must go through the appropriate Academic Division that controls the requested building. Click here for a list of scheduling contacts by Academic Division.
It is the responsibility of the event requestor to arrange with the building representative access to the rooms scheduled, if the event happens to fall outside of normal University of Alabama hours of operation. A list of building representatives can be found here: https://uafacilities.ua.edu/building-reps/
North Lawn Hall, Houser Hall, Lloyd Hall, Russell Hall, and Farrah Auditoriums
The Office of the University Registrar Academic Scheduling Department will only approve events during normal University of Alabama business hours. No event will be scheduled in North Lawn Hall that extends beyond 9:00 pm Monday through Thursday or 5:00 pm on Fridays. No weekend events in North Lawn Hall will be scheduled.
How to submit an event request form for these buildings:
- Go to schedule.ua.edu.
- Click on the “Events” link.
- Click on the “Request Event” link.
- Select “North Lawn, Lloyd, Houser, Russell, Farrah 120 & 214 Request Form” from the drop-down menu
- Fill out the form with all of the necessary information.
- Student organizations must provide their faculty/staff advisor’s name and contact information.
- Please select the date and time for your event(s) by clicking the “Add Meeting” button at the bottom of the form.
- After setting your meeting date(s) and time(s), click the “Assign Rooms” button to request a room.
- Here you can view the rooms that are unavailable (highlighted in red) or available to request.
- Select at least one Available room, and then click “OK” in the bottom right corner of the pop out window.
- Click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.