CeDiploma (Certified Electronic Diploma)
The University of Alabama now offers a CeDiploma (Certified Electronic Diploma). Please contact the intended recipient to ensure they will accept the CeDiploma in place of the paper apostille documents. The CeDiploma can be validated through the university’s website to provide absolute confidence in the credential’s authenticity. For more information on the CeDiploma, please click here. Questions about a CeDiploma should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Alabama initiates the authentication process (apostille) for diplomas and transcripts per the rules of the Hague Convention Number 12 and in coordination with the Secretary of State (SOS) based upon written request of the graduate.
The University of Alabama must receive the items outlined below in order to complete a document authentication request. All items should be mailed to The Office of the University Registrar, Box 870134, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487.
- Complete the Apostille request form. Print the completed form, sign, and mail with payment.
- The diploma fee of $40 in the form of a check or money order in U.S. funds made payable to the University of Alabama.
- The transcript fee of $12.00 per transcript in the form of a check or money order in U.S. funds made payable to the University of Alabama. The transcript fee is required only if an authenticated transcript is needed in addition to the diploma.
- A $5.00 fee per document in the form of a check or money order in U.S. funds made payable to the Secretary of State. Also required is the completed Secretary of State form, found here.
- Two stamped (postage paid) 9 x 11 inch Federal Express, Express Mail, or UPS envelopes addressed as follows:
- The Secretary of State (SOS) at the address found on the SOS form in item 4.
- The final recipient of all authenticated documents.
*Step 6 is only required for documents going to a country that is not a member of the Hague Convention Number 12. A list of member countries can be found on the Hague Conference website.
- A $3.00 fee per document in the form of a check or money order in U.S. funds made payable to the Office of the Probate Judge. A phone number must be included on the check or money order.
The processing time for authenticated documents varies depending on the request. Authentication of a requested duplicate hard copy diploma will take 2-3 weeks. Expedited services can be requested for an additional fee of $35.00.
If you are sending a check for above services, please make sure that your driver’s license number, physical address, and phone number are clearly marked on the check. If you do not include all three, we will not be able to process your request.