The University of Alabama awards degrees and holds Commencement exercises in May, August and December. To see dates and times for upcoming ceremonies, please refer to the Academic Calendar. For information on the commencement ceremony, please visit the Commencement website.

To graduate, all students must submit a Degree Application through myBama by the deadline published on the Academic Calendar. The Degree Application should be filed for the term in which all degree requirements are expected to be completed. Students pursuing multiple degrees should submit a Degree Application for each degree. In myBama, select Student and then expand the Degree Audit and Graduation menu in the Academic and Student Services channel and click Apply to Graduate. More information can be found in the Undergraduate Catalog.

Graduate and Undergraduate degree candidates are assessed a graduation application fee of $51.00. The fee is charged to the student account during the semester for which the student has applied to graduate. Degree candidates whose application is denied will be refunded all but a $10.00 processing fee. It is the responsibility of the student to submit a new graduation application for a future term if an application is denied. A fee will be assessed for each graduation application submitted. Students should refer to the Academic Calendar for graduation application deadlines for each semester. Only after petition and approval by the student’s college will an application be accepted after the published deadline. If approved, the student will be assessed a $25 non-refundable late fee in addition to the aforementioned graduation fee.