The University of Alabama has a rich history of tradition. From the Rammer Jammer cheer during games, to the colorful ritual of chalking the quad, tradition abounds at this campus.Our tradition culminates every May, August, and December as Coleman Coliseum is filled with excitement.
This section of the Registrar's site will guide you through the entire process of the University of Alabama Commencement Exercises.
Spring 2015 Commencement - Click for Detailed Schedule
- Friday, May 1st
- 6:00 p.m. - College of Communication & Information Sciences, College of Education, College of Human Environmental Sciences, and Capstone College of Nursing
- Saturday, May 2nd
- 9:00 a.m. - College of Arts & Sciences and School of Social Work
- 1:30 p.m. - College of Commerce & Business Administration and College of Engineering
- 5:30 p.m. - School of Law
Spring 2015 Diploma Information
- Doctoral graduates will be able to pick up their diplomas immediately following their Commencement Ceremony on Friday, May 1st or Saturday, May 2nd. Diploma distribution will be held out of a concession stand on the main concourse on the South side of the Coliseum for approximately 30 minutes after the ceremony. A UA or government issued picture ID is required for diploma pickup - No Exceptions. Be sure to clear up any outstanding balances on your student account by Thursday, April 30th and take care of any financial aid/student loan exit interviews as soon as possible. Any issues not cleared up will result in a financial hold being placed on your account which prevents you from being able to pick up your diploma on commencement day. Diplomas for students that have been excused from the commencement ceremonies and diplomas that are otherwise not picked up on Commencement day will be mailed to the diploma address students provided when they applied for graduation.
- Diplomas for all other graduate and undergraduate students will be mailed to students' diploma addresses as entered on the graduation application no later than June 12, 2015. Be sure to clear up any outstanding balances on your student account and take care of any financial aid/student loan exit interviews as soon as possible. Any issues not cleared up will result in a financial hold being placed on your account which prevents your diploma from being ordered.
Summer 2015 Commencement - Click for Detailed Schedule
- Saturday, August 1st
- 9:00 a.m. - All Graduation Candidates (Undergraduate & Graduate)
Commencement Traffic, Parking, and Candidate Lineup Maps